Job offer 16/23
The Leibniz Institute DSMZ-German Collection of Microorganisms and Cell Cultures GmbH, Braunschweig offers an open position for a
Backend developer Maven / Spring Boot (m/f/d)
The position has a salary level up to TV-L 13 according to the qualification. The position is offered as full time (39.8 hours per week) and is initially limited to 2 years (after which this will become a permanent position).
The SILVA database provides comprehensive quality checked ribosomal RNA reference sequence and accompanying web services and tools. Our datasets are used by thousands of researchers worldwide as a basis for their research. As a member of the SILVA team, you will be responsible for the development, migration, and maintenance of our web services. These include the SILVA website, parts of the DSMZ Digital Diversity platform, and the Taxonomic Curation Platform. For more information visit stb.dsmz.de.
Join our team and help us to shape the future of scientific data!
- The chance to build a new research infrastructure, to contribute own ideas and conceptions, and to work in a young and dynamic team
- An interdisciplinary working environment with frequent exchange of experience
- Motivated colleagues and a pleasant working atmosphere in the scientific area
- Promotion of work-life balance through flexible working hours, part-time work and home office (certified according to audit berufundfamilie®)
- Participation in the selection of personal hard- and software
- Opportunities for further education and training
- 30 days annual vacation, annual bonus and company pension plan
- Practical experience in software development / Bachelor or Master’s degree is beneficial
- Experience in Maven and Spring Boot 2 / 3 (experience in Java Typescript is beneficial)
- Git is no foreign word to you
- Fluent in English / knowledge in German is beneficial
- You are communicative, able to work in a team and willing to learn
- You are interested in interdisciplinary work in a dynamic team
The place of employment can be chosen between the Bremen or Braunschweig, Germany.
The DSMZ is funded by the State of Lower Saxony and the German Federal government and is a member of the Leibniz Association. The DSMZ strives to increase the proportion of female developer and encourages female candidates to apply. Disabled applicants with identical technical and personal qualifications will be preferentially selected. The DSMZ is an equal opportunity employer, supports balanced work-life career development, and holds the certificate of the audit berufundfamilie®.
For further information please contact Lorenz Reimer (lorenz.reimer(at)dsmz.de) or Jan Gerken (jan.gerken(at)dsmz.de). Please send your complete application documents including a CV, motivation letter, copies of certificates with application number 16/23 as a single pdf file to bewerbung(at)dsmz.de (max 10 MB).
Applications are welcome in English or German and will be accepted on a rolling basis so early applicants are encouraged!
The deadline for this application is May 31st, 2023, but we may continue to review applications until the position is filled.