The Phylogenomics team addresses various research questions that relate nomenclature and taxonomy to genomics, phylogenetics, character evolution, comparative biology and scientific databases. The bioinformatics tools developed by the team include bacterial species and subspecies delineation, bacterial nomenclature, phylogeny and classification of bacterial and archaeal viruses, single-gene alignment and phylogeny, and analysis of Phenotype Microarrays, e.g. Biolog data.
The Phylogenomics group offers different, free accessible online tools:
- TYGS (Type (Strain) Genome Server)
- VICTOR (Virus Classification and Tree Building Online Resource)
- LPSN (List of Prokaryotic names with Standing in Nomenclature)
- GGDC (Genome-to-Genome Distance Calculator)
- Single-gene phylogenies
- Phenotype Microarrays: opm