Shipments of biological samples from outside Germany containing fetal bovine serum (FBS) must be declared to the DSMZ (Dr. Hilmar Quentmeier E-Mail or Dr. Klaus Steube E-Mail) at least five working days prior to shipment.
The following information is required:
- Names of depositor, company / institution, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, FAX number.
- Name of carrier / courier service chosen (airway bill / freight number should be provided as soon as possible).
- If human or animal cell lines are to be deposited, please provide relevant information referring to the biological material in the DSMZ accession forms at our website:
Accession Form Human Animal Cell Lines
- t is absolutely essential that the following information on the FBS used is sent to the DSMZ: supplier, order number, and batch number.
- Certificate(s) of Origin including TSE/BSE status (PDF/FAX) must be sent to the DSMZ prior to shipment to avoid customs delays which are inevitable in the case of non-compliance.
- Also attach paper copies of Certificate(s) of Origin and DSMZ Accession Form to each consignment.
- Commercial/Proforma Invoices should repeat above information of FBS suppliers, order and batch numbers.